Sunday, February 3, 2013

Just another Sunday 3/02

Today I slept in for the first time since being here. No alarm, no need to wake up for anything.  I woke up at 11:00 and rolled out of bed to eat breakfast.  I had a slow late morning of painting my nails, doing homework, and getting ready to go out for lunch.  Gladys came over and then Gladys, Tomo, Puri and I headed over to lunch at Maria Jose's house.  Puri cooked stuffed peppers (stuffed with shrimp and oyster) and a bean/potato soup thing with shrimp (all meatless, for me of course) it was wonderful.  Maria Jose's house made a dessert that was like cheesecake in a cup, it was one of the best things ever! I'm going to learn how to make it.  We had another lunch like last time we were there, loud, lots of talking, fast talking, talking over each other, and Jill and I (and Tomo) sat there clueless and overwhelmed.  It was fun but by the time it was 6:00pm and we were still at the lunch table, I was tired! Eventually we moseyed over to the living room where Jill and I decided we should try to meet a couple times a week to talk to classmates in spanish.  It is sometimes easier to talk to someone in spanish when it isn't their first language either. Less pressure.  Then Puri saved the day, like last time, and said it was time to go.  Their family was telling me to come back in an hour for mass and I was like uhhh I don't want to go to mass but they didn't understand (not because of language but because they are super religious and always go to mass). But Puri, again, had my back and told them that she needed me at the house to help with some work. It was so sweet of her :) We got back home and Puri, Tomo and I took some time to rest.  I looked up spanish vocab to learn (lots of random words), caught up with mom and kristin, and then it was time for dinner.  We had eggs and potatoes, a dish that I love. Filling and delicious! It was nice to chat, we all have the best convo's.  I was unsure at first about having Tomo here, what to talk to him about and such, but honestly it has been really nice having him here. A third person to talk to, and just his presence in the house. It will be weird when it is just Puri and I tomorrow! But after a nice talk, I went back to my room where I got to skype with both Ryan and Katrina. What a swell night! I feel very lucky to have caught both of my beautiful busy besties in one night.  Now that they have kept me up well past my bed time, I am going to bed!

Goal: speak more in spanish to my classmates, learn more spanish on my own (vocab online)

No comments:

Post a Comment