Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The calm after the storm 29/01

This morning I was able to sleep in until just after 10 o'clock which was very needed! It was still hard to wake up then though.  I ate breakfast and then had to attack the mess that was my room.  I had to unpack, get resettled into my room, respond to a few emails, organize my backpack, and then of course catch up on my blog! It took me forever to write out about Madrid because it was the longest weekend ever.  I feel really tired today despite the fact that I slept a lot.  It is going to take some time to catch up on the sleep I need after this weekend! I have no idea how these spanish people do it! This is not a life I am used to.  After getting all settled in I showered and then uploaded my pictures to my computer and then to Facebook.  It is always such a chore getting pictures all loaded and then choosing what to post. I broke mom's "ten photos only" rule but I think I did ok :) I then impatiently waited for lunch time, as per usual. Hungry hungry hungry! We had tortellini with spinach and salad which was wonderful. I was craving veggies after that trip.  Puri said to tell mom that she is learning a lot through cooking for me and that you shouldn't worry about my food. She and her friends chat about what to cook for me. It's really sweet. It was then time to head to class which was a bit of a shock because I haven't done homework or thought about homework in what seems like forever. It was a rough class today, art class, a lot of information about the Romans conquering Spain and the influence that had on architecture and such. Some was interesting but it was a lot! I was amused by all of the people falling asleep. Then after class I stayed at school to work on some homework.  I was distracted by various family members which was wonderful. After only successfully doing a little bit of homework, I headed home.  A short while later I was able to eat dinner (leftovers from lunch) and then chat with dad for a bit.  I have now gotten distracted by classic joke tuesday on twitter and cute pictures of Emma. But alas I must go to bed.

People here are very friendly.  In the hallway of my apartment/ in the elevator everyone always says hello and goodbye, no matter what. It is super friendly!


Uses of 'good': Bueno- foods or person  VS   Bien- things/places
Hediondo- stinky, filthy repulsive

Songs I liked:
Do Anything- Say Anything
Sunshine- The All-American Rejects
Work it out- Dave Matthews Band/Jurassic 5
Harmony- Nevershoutnever

No comments:

Post a Comment