Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bars, not just for weekends! 16/01/13

So something different here is showering, or as I like to call it, a very cold and non relaxing mild form of torture.  I may be a little dramatic.  But the shower is just a small tub in the bathroom, no door or shower curtain, with a handheld nozzle.  Turns out, it's pretty cold to shower when the water isn't constantly running on your body. It is going to take some getting used to! Today nature gave me the chance to shower outside, it was pouring. Classes went well, my mythology prof had the best time telling everyone that their passport pictures are super ugly and then he wrote ALL over the white board with permanent marker. Whoops... The rain gave me a good excuse to relax and slowly come to terms with the fact that yes, there is homework when studying abroad.  It is not fun.  Puri went out to a concert and left me with a pizza to eat, which I happily enjoyed while watching Transformers.  A bunch of us then headed out to a bar for 'Euromania' which is a deal that every Wednesday and Sunday all foods and drinks are one euro.  I bought and enjoyed my very first legal beverage without the presence of my family and it was really fun. It is a drink called Sarango, basically a sparkling wine that comes from the tap, very tasty! Now it is time to catch up on the sleep I missed out on yesterday.

Today I learned some pretty neat spanish curse words from my reading, who knew that reading about the spanish civil war would teach you curse words?

No comments:

Post a Comment