Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Long days and longer nights 15/01/13

Today, despite being a day with class, was surprisingly touristy. I got to see the castle Alcazar again and then just walk around and go into the random stores.  There is a street connecting la plaza mayor and the aqueduct that has a bunch of stores with everything you could need ever.  January is the month of 'rebajas' aka sales so people were buying lots of clothes and other necessities.  We stopped at a coffee shop to warm up and got croissants to tide us over until our very late lunch.  I usually eat lunch here at around 3, so by the time I was done eating today, it was time for my first ever class in Segovia.  The class is Culture and Art History and it is from 4:30-6:00pm, which is not a class time that I am used to.  I think it is going to be really interesting! A few of us then went to La Colonial for a cafe con leche but then, tired, went home.  I was able to squeeze in a short nap before waking up to my host mom's friend (another host mom) coming over.  Normally Puri speaks slowly for me but the two of them were just going at it muy rapido but I understood more than I thought I would.  She was over until around 9:45pm and then thank goodness Puri started making dinner.  We ate together and then I went to meet the group and she went to watch a show that she loves.  I love that we are both independent and can have time together but also time apart.  Almost the whole group met at the aqueduct where we proceeded to walk to the top and look at the beautiful views.  We took many crazy photos and then began our journey to the bar 'el oso blanco' which was mostly a huge group of American's taking up the whole street and then the whole bar.  A few of us took off to see Alcazar (otra vez!) at night but the gate was closed so we walked home.  The days here seem to last forever, and the nights do too! I don't know how people go out so late and get to class the next day.  The morning is going to come early tomorrow. Hopefully I will be accustomed to the spanish lifestyle soon :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Long and event filled day. I know what you mean - I woke up late, proceeded to hang around the apartment, went out for pizza, then watched TV and crashed. :-)

    ReplyDelete