Tuesday, March 5, 2013

La infermeria 28/02

Today I woke up still feeling sick as a dog which was not very much fun! I went up to Gladys before our class and asked her how to go to the nurse. She dropped everything, left the class to discuss without her, and took me to the nurse.  The nurse asked me about my symptoms, looked in my throat and said "Jesus! That's red!" but told me I don't have white spots so no strep, then she listened to my chest and was like "you have bronchitis!". So I got a prescription for antibiotics, a mucinex type of thing, and very strong advil (for my throat). Gladys walked back to class with me for us to get our stuff, then proceeded to leave class for good with me (after telling everyone to discuss the book- it got us out of a quiz!) to take me to the pharmacy.  We picked up my drugs, which only cost 11 euros for all three (SO CHEAP) and then I went home.  I took my first round of class and then rallied and went to my afternoon class. Everyone was surprised to see me in class but I hate missing class so I just powered through.  After class I came home to pack and relax before the big trip tomorrow. I'm really glad I got the medicine and that a nurse acknowledged that something besides a little cold was wrong! I want to be healthy for this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment